How to obtain it?
What do I need?
1. The first step is to download WordPress, this can be free on the official page: https://wordpress.org/download/.
2. Once you have download the document you need to unzip it. This will generate a folder called "WordPress”, now we’re going to move it into the Apache web directory: /VAR/WWW/.
3. Now we need to search the configuration WordPress file, its name by default is wp-config-sample.php, we’re going to change the name removing the word sample: wp-config.php
4. After this, we proceed with the WordPress configuration to make it work with the database. Edit the wp-config.php file and put there the new name of the database, the new user, and password of Mysql.
5. The next step is to get into Mysql and create a database with the same name we use for the configuration WordPress file.
6. Proceed with the configuration of the web server Apache to make the website operational. In the configuration, Apache file are the configurations of our web server, and it is located in: /etc/apache2/sites-available.
7. Finally, we acquire our domain by registering our server to access with a URL from the browser example: www.my-site.com
8. That’s it! Now we have our WordPress ready to configure it as we want to in the administration panel. Thanks for the facility and effectiveness, WordPress is one of the best CMS.
Creating a website is an easy thing, and you’re about to have it, if you follow the previous steps. Take in consideration the importance of having a server, database, programming language and an operating system. And remember that ClickIT is your best option to help you with a website creation. Here at ClickIT we are experts in web development, that´s why we offer you a variety of services like administration, security and optimization regarding the most common CMS. Click in Contact Us below for more information.
Maybe you are interested in reading our Domain or Demon blog, where we tell you why you need a domain, where to buy it and costs, we recommend you take a look.